The School of Engineering Medicine experienced rapid growth in faculty and staff during the last six months of 2022. We accomplished filling many open positions and look forward to the recruitment of several others in support of our continued growth.
Please join us in welcoming the following new employees to our team and take a look at our current recruiting efforts.
Prachi Priya, MBBS, MD, Instructional Assistant Professor, started in May. She earned a MBBS in Nepal and completed a MD in Physiology in India in 2016. As a post-graduate resident, she taught several undergraduate medical courses utilizing case-based learning and flipped classroom.
Jasna Marjanovic, PhD, Instructional Professor, started in October. She earned a PhD in Pharmacology from College of Medicine, University of Illinois Chicago in 2006. Her postdoctoral training was at Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Marjanovic has been teaching since 2008 at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis.
April Lovelady, PhD, Instructional Associate Professor, Director of Innovation Immersions, started in December. She earned a PhD in Biological and Agricultural Engineering from Texas A&M University in 2012 where she also completed her postdoctoral training. Dr. Lovelady has been teaching since 2017 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Prairie View A&M University.
Rebecca Lee, MD, Instructional Assistant Professor, started in December. She earned a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from UT Austin and a MD in 2012 from UT McGovern. Her graduate medical education included an Internal Medicine Residency and a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship.
Ruby Shah, MD, MPH, Instructional Assistant Professor, started in December. She earned a MD from Baylor College of Medicine in 2008, and MPH from the University of California in 2012.
John Wilson, MD, PhD, Instructional Associate Professor, started this month in January. He earned his MD in 2007 from UT Southwestern Medical Center and completed a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Yale University in 2015. His postdoctoral training was at Emory University where he bridged the gap between medicine and engineering.
- Ashley Byars, Communications Coordinator, January 2023
- Sara Munoz, Communications Coordinator, December 2022
- Valdemar Garza, MHA, Project Manager, November 2022
- Adrena Dow, Director of Marketing and Communications, October 2022
- Kathleen VanDyke, EdD, Program Specialist, October 2022
- Kelly Landschoot, Administrative Coordinator, September 2022
- Ross Reichert, Program Coordinator, June 2022
- Jessica Bell, Program Coordinator, June 2022
- Alyssa Zarco, Admission and Recruitment Coordinator, June 2022
- Executive Associate Dean
- Senior Associate Dean of Research
- Research Faculty
- Additional Instructional Faculty
- Senior Development Officer
- Student Development Specialist
- Program Coordinator